Re: [atlarge-discuss] Sunrise for IDNs?

Vittorio,

Re:  "The ALAC will possibly produce a statement on this issue"

It is not sufficient to only produce a statement.  Under the bylaws, ICANN
has granted the ALAC the ability to raise an issue for consideration within
the GNSO policy development process (see Annex A, Section 1c:  Advisory
Committee Initiation -- An Advisory Committee may raise an issue for policy
development by action of such committee to commence the PDP, and transmission
of that request to the GNSO Council).

As a user, I question by what right trademark interests are allowed to
proceed to the front of the registration line.  I challenge both the process
and the legitimacy of Sunrise periods, and argue for a return to the
principle of first-come/first-served.  This issue deserves more than a mere
"statement".  It deserves a thorough community-wide discussion within the
GNSO.

So, will you act to initiate the PDP?

-- danny --