Re: [atlarge-discuss] Panel Motion Passed! On to Elections!

At 22:21 -0800 2003/04/02, <bruce@barelyadequate.info> wrote:
>The motion I submitted was passed unanymously by the three remaining
>Panel
>members.  Accordingly, I am asking that Judyth and Jan now forward to
>myself, Jefsey and Eric copies of the membership lists in their
>possesion.

The membership files and FTP information have been duly forwarded
to Bruce Young, J.-F. C. Morfin and Eric Dierker pursuant to
the Panel resolution. Note that the 3-hour delay between Bruce's
message and my sending the files was due to the fact that I
was doing something else and didn't get back to check e-mail,
not to any desire to delay the Panel's work.

>I also ask that they safeguard the copies they have for now, to
>protect them
>against the day when we can set up a third-party to hold the list in
>escrow,
>and to serve as a benchmark if there is any hint of inpropriety.

The list files have been archived unopened on a diskette and
will be available whenever a third-party custodian needs them.

>Also, in accordance with the second part of motion, I will be
>contacting
>Jefsey and Eric *tonight* to start the conversation leading to
>nominations,
>with the intent of holding this election as expiditiously as possible.
>The
>conversations will be held on the Panel List (with Eric added manually
>for
>now), so those who wish to monitor the conversation can do so.

Thank you, Bruce. This is exactly what I had hoped for.

>I will also be discussing with them the advisability of including on
>the
>ballot many of the questions Joop included in recent polls, in order to
>more-closely gauge the will of our membership as to these concerns; as
>well
>as some additional questions, the answers to which will be necessary
>to know
>to begin drafting our bylaws post-election.  I envision that a request
>for
>the latter will be included in the message we send out calling for
>nominations, so our membership can help define the questions they vote
>on.

Excellent!

>That said, NOW is the time for SUBSTANTIVE, POSITIVE comments from our
>members on this forum.  Tell us what you want to see on the ballot,
>not what
>you don't like about what others want!  If you "fear the flame" and
>wish to
>remain anonymous, feel free to e-mail the three of us off-list with
>your
>ideas, if you'd rather.  For my part, any messages of this nature will
>be
>kept confidential, and only the ideas submitted will be discussed, not
>the
>submitter's identity.  I'm sure my two compatriots will validate this
>>pledge on their own behalf.

Also excellent. I hope there will be many useful responses to
this call for members to take an active role in shaping the
future direction of this group.

>Let's get busy!

I think you're doing rather well so far. Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Judyth

Judyth Mermelstein     "cogito ergo lego ergo cogito..."
Montreal, QC           <espresso@e-scape.net>