[atlarge-discuss] Panel Motion Passed! On to Elections!

The motion I submitted was passed unanymously by the three remaining Panel
members.  Accordingly, I am asking that Judyth and Jan now forward to
myself, Jefsey and Eric copies of the membership lists in their possesion.
I also ask that they safeguard the copies they have for now, to protect them
against the day when we can set up a third-party to hold the list in escrow,
and to serve as a benchmark if there is any hint of inpropriety.

Also, in accordance with the second part of motion, I will be contacting
Jefsey and Eric *tonight* to start the conversation leading to nominations,
with the intent of holding this election as expiditiously as possible.  The
conversations will be held on the Panel List (with Eric added manually for
now), so those who wish to monitor the conversation can do so.

I will also be discussing with them the advisability of including on the
ballot many of the questions Joop included in recent polls, in order to
more-closely gauge the will of our membership as to these concerns; as well
as some additional questions, the answers to which will be necessary to know
to begin drafting our bylaws post-election.  I envision that a request for
the latter will be included in the message we send out calling for
nominations, so our membership can help define the questions they vote on.

That said, NOW is the time for SUBSTANTIVE, POSITIVE comments from our
members on this forum.  Tell us what you want to see on the ballot, not what
you don't like about what others want!  If you "fear the flame" and wish to
remain anonymous, feel free to e-mail the three of us off-list with your
ideas, if you'd rather.  For my part, any messages of this nature will be
kept confidential, and only the ideas submitted will be discussed, not the
submitter's identity.  I'm sure my two compatriots will validate this pledge
on their own behalf.

Let's get busy!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA