RE: [atlarge-discuss] "Common Sense" Re: MOTION! Panel Members! Speak Out NOW!

Joop Teernstra wrote:

|  A 2 or 3 man left-over without quorum is NOT the 11 -person
|  Panel that was
|  given a 6 months mandate by the membership.  Common Sense.

What we have is what we have.  Don't fault those still pulling on the oars
for the desertion of those who jumped overboard!  We just want to get this
puppy to shore.  It's currently floundering and going nowhere.  In lieu of
elected officials, despite our meager numbers, who else would you prefer to
conduct the elections?  More to the point, why object to the actions of
*anyone* trying to further the cause of holding elections?

|  A grass-roots Poll determines that the membership wants to see a
|  new Panel elected.
|  http://www.icannatlarge.com/results-henderson5.htm
|  Common sense.

I respectfully (and voiciferously!) disagree.  A poll of less than 10 percet
of our membership is merely an indicator, not a mandate.  A mandate requires
a vote of the membership.  Which is what we remaining panel members are
trying to make happen!  Why are you and a few others on this list so
dead-set against the idea of elections?  Perhaps ICANN has some
un-looked-for allies, intentionally or no, trying to keep us disorganized?

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info