[atlarge-discuss] WHAT MOST MEMBERS WANT

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 08:29 a.m. 3/04/2003, DPF wrote:
>
> >To be precise, the majority of people who took part in an unofficial
> >poll in your voting booth said they prefer to use the voting booth.
> >This is hardly surprising.
>
> They could also have rejected the Booth, if they didn't like it.
> The Poll is not for generating surprises, but for settling issues that hold
> us up.
>
> >  If the questions had been asked through
> >the GNSO e-mail ballot system them a majority would have probably said
> >they prefer that way.
>
> The only way to prove that is to ask the questions again, but then through
> Kent Crispin's system (a.k.a the GNSO system).
> Can you arrange that within the next 3 months?
> I will abide by any democratic result.

Personally speaking, I am against the use of an email based system, and I did
not 'vote' in Joop's booth either.  Let me point out that I have a real problem
with the email based system as it can be easily manipulated.  I've never met,
seen, or heard anything from a very large number of of our 'members' yet we do
have a rather large membership base.  Based on experience of mailing lists and
other various associations on the web over the years, one cannot help but be
somewhat suspicious of 'members' you NEVER hear from until the time comes from a
vote...

I once communicated with Mr. Bertola (of the Muridae Family of the Order of
Rodentia), on the schema of a hybrid voting system which included a log-in
procedure but was email based, and he didn't even bother responding... this
while telling us that he was devising a voting system for us!!  The non-events
to date are pretty plain for all of us to see and they speak for themselves.

I am lurking but not quit just yet.  But, I have had enough of the bullshit.  A
strictly email based voting system is highly culpable in my view, and I don't
care what else its advocates may state, they cannot controvert the veracity of
that point.

Regards,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos