[atlarge-discuss] Re: @LARGE ELECTION: you response is urgent

At 03:22 a.m. 4/05/2003, atlarge@execlub.org wrote:
this a private e-mail for Johannes J Teernstra.
----- icannatlarge.org -----

Dear @large Member and Nominee,
We just wish to remind you that we must receive the acceptations before Sunday midnight GMT.
Please give me another night to sleep on it.

I will accept the nomination if you (the self-appointed Polling Committee) will allow for the members' right to second nominations and that only seconded nominations be considered for the candidates' list.

Not allowing for seconding gives far too much power to the nominator.

I am not happy with the way new 'rules' are made up on the fly and with the unseemly haste with the Nominations.

Once again
, Jefsey, who are your watchers?

P.S. I will try to tabulate Nominations and Seconds on the www.icannatlarge.com/voting.htm for the benefit of us all.

I ask you again, Jefsey, give this a few more days to play out properly. Give your nominees a decent time to make a decision about such a commitment.

Not every member is willing to donate 80% of his/her time.

-joop-