[atlarge-discuss] Baptista to the ICANN hords: I must respectfully decline my nomination

Dear @Large Members of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers.

It has come to my attention that I have been nominated to the panel of the
ICANN at large soap opera.  I must respectfully decline and have provided
my reasons in detail.

As many of you know I have been involved in ICANN - namely as a member of
the General Assembly of the Domain Name Supporting Organization, a unit
of the ICANN monster.  And from the begining I have made it very clear
what my position was with respect to ICANN.  I predicted the Clintons
administrations failure to take control of the internet and so my
predictions have come to pass.  I think my nomination and decline is
indicative of this.

First their are some personal reasons why I don't want any association
with the panel.  I direct the memberships attention to the following URL
of interest:

	http://www.icannatlarge.com/voting.html

Many good people have been nominated.  Unfortunately the nominations are
scattered with such notable personalities as ester dyson, former chair of
icann and Amadeu Abril i Abril another icann insider.  I must stress that
I am a person of standards and the possibility that dyson or amadeu might
be elected to the icann atlarge panel with me is my worst nightmare.  I
don't suffer fools and charletains well.

Dyson and amadeu have built their reputations on fiction, nonsense and
other sorted crapola.  They are as ICANN is - a fiction and therefore not
worthy of being in the same room with me.  The best I can say is that I
find ester sexy and amadeu is a big of a comedian - which makes me laugh -
but thats about all i can say they have of value to offer this world in my
not so humble opinion.

I have built my reputation on protocol not false pretensions like these
icann baboons.  Protocol can not be converted into bullshit, protocol is
one of the building blocks of communications.  ICANNs attempt to
politicize protocols was insane from the beginning.  I've said this year
after year after year.  I hope some of you were listening.

Also one must consider my position.  I predicted ICANN would fail and the
U.S. government would end up with a mess on their hand - 300 million users
and no where to go - and so this has and is passing.  We are watching the
end and the end serves me.  This is in my opinion a conflict of interest
if i were to be elected to the atlarge panel.  It would be inappropriate
to serve the very thing I came to kill.

I tell you now that the only naming system which will survive will be the
inclusive namespace.  We are the only place which will pay attention to
the internet community.  ICANN's much too busy fucking it all up and
turning the dns into a multilevel marketing organization to squeeze every
penny out of every human who uses the network.

People - pay attention.  The internet is controlled by end users "THAT
MEANS YOU" and not centralized government structures like ICANN and the
NTIA.  I will not be a party to this myth that ICANN or the U.S.
government is in charge of the internet naming systems.  We have proven it
is not and no amount of civil service goobleygook is going to change that
fact.

When the Clinton administration gave it's blessing to ICANN they didn't
know that it's monopoly was toothless.  They assumed they had a controlled
monopoly because the technicians lied to them.  How many times has the
european union wispered in dark corners the fatal words that the icann
monopoly is a fiction in the U.S. governments lexicon.

If you people want a place where your voices will be heard - it's name is
the inclusive namespace - NOT ICANN - because frankly folks - where ICANN
can't we CAN.

People - I have no interest in representing you in some vain attempt or
hope that ICANN will pay attention.  It will not.  Those are the facts.

I have however taken the opportunity of asking my friend Enza Anderson to
join the group.  Enza is a member of the political community in Toronto
Canada and is fully qualified to interface here.  I think she's the only
one who can save ICANN.

She's a briliant political strategist and with my assistance she can cut
through the bullshit.  Enza is a Supermodel by trade and a leader in the
Canadian and American drag queen community. And as an added benefit she
has legs and personality.

In a recent poll of the New Democratic Party leadership race by one of
Canada's leading newspaper chains Enza got top billing as the candidate
most favoured by the Canadian population as a potential leader.

But it's up to Enza if she wants to spare the time to familiarize herself
with the issues.  She's a busy girl with her recent campaign in Toronto
and my recommendation is that she monitor this group to familiarize
herself with the issues and only bother with it if she sees the
posibility for salvation.  I have said on many occassions in the General
Assemble of ICANN that the only people qualified to save ICANN and this
failed US government fisaco are drag queens.  Well folks here's your
chance to make it happen.

Do yourselves a favour people - move on.  ICANN and the U.S. government
insanity to take over the domain name system is dead - long live the
inclusive namespace - so lets all move on to better things people - let's
evolve - one baby step at a time.

... and in the memory of my beloved friend douglas adams I say onto all of
you "So long and thanks for all the fish".

cheers
joe baptista
administrator to .GOD & .SATAN
http://www.dot-god.com/

Joe Baptista - only at www.baptista.god

another useless fact ....
Eighty percent of the world's food crops are pollinated by insects.