RE: [atlarge-discuss] Welcome [was: Perhaps you can explain...]

Sir,

I, too, just recently became part of this email list, though I have been
an @Large member for quite some time.  To compact several replies into
this one in the hope of gaining better understanding, I'll keep my "two
cents" short and to the point.

Your reply does not answer the question and how long a person has been a
"member" should not garner a response such as yours, which I find to be
"condescending" in the extreme.

Welcome to Martha Gottlieb.  You go girl!

Sotiris and many more voice opinions similar it seems to my own - NO
Election may be considered valid if the nomination process is cloaked in
secrecy and all nominations and seconds are not public knowledge.

While I would hardly suggest that anything will suffice as to a process,
surely more can be done to gain the credibility of ALL ICANN @Large
members.

I will add a quotation from Alexander Hamilton, one of the writers of
the US Constitution:

I never expect to see a perfect work from imperfect man.  The result of
the deliberations of all collective bodies must necessarily be a
compound, as well of the errors and prejudices as of the good sense and
wisdom of the individuals of whom they are composed.

Regards T'all,

Jeff Holt
The Tall Tejas Traveler

Life is Too Short.....