Re: [atlarge-discuss] Some points of view - Limits and common sense

Your English is as bad (if not worse) than Jefsey's. I did not understand your post. How do you expect yo work on a panel whose primary language will be English when your English is so poor?

--Sotiris Sotiropoulos

A/S Mauro D. Ríos wrote:

Dear Mitchael,

Allow me to differ with you.

- I wonder: when you were chosen, if you have been it, who did vote
for you, did they know you personally?. Or did they make an act of
trust for your references, your performance in other places and
organizations, did they observe your currículum and did they conclude
that you were a very good candidate?

- If this organization will base the participation of the new members
on the antiquity in the same organization, why didn't we create a
private and exclusive club for membership and invitation?. For what
reason to have thousands of members if alone spectators and people
will be forgotten to those that we will veto their performance for
that you/they are new?. And we will let them them to accumulate years
(what doesn't mean knowledge neither aptitude) before allowing them to
enter to some door.

- Does the one that a person doesn't have experience in an
organization, make it ignorant of the matter?

- In my case I am member of ICANN for years, with low profile, but
with active participation in other organizations and institutions
linked Internet.

- If we will have in consideration only the contributions that each
person has made to @Large, do we erase him the currículum of a blow,
do we ignore the rest of merits and activities that she has had in
another place?

- Is democracy the one that only remembers its members when the votes
are needed?

- Can it be said that @Large the representative of the users of
Internet will be if the directors are eternally the same ones?.
(Although they were heroes of Internet and this creature's parents?)

- For what reason did they summon us?, for what reason to be bothered
in calling to new nominated if they have them so much fear?

- The new ones possible spies are!?. Who guaranteed us that who today
they occupy the main seats (in ICANN, @Large, ISOC, R.A.L.O., etc),
spies or bad people were not when they called each other to vote them
in last years?. They asked us us to trust them for that you/they told
us that they were good that had many merits that were physical people
and that they will work for the organization. Nobody knew them, except
their nearer friends and the co-workers, but from these latitudes we
had to trust in that the very little information that we had of all
them and that we could verify it was correct.

- These elections have been very questioned. It has been said that
they are illegitimate and that there are not guarantees. On the
contrary I have not said anything for that people that are organizing
it and controlling, they inspire me trust, for their acts, for their
form of to proceed and to act, I trust the information that I know
about them and in the references that I have been able to verificaren
Internet and with other people that assure who are. I have left doubts
and things that will improve in the next elections, but it is
impossible to have the total security that there are not minimum
irregularities.

- Who does it guarantee me that you are not an it spies of ICANN or
ISOC that is trying to avoid new people to enter to the directive
positions of @Large?, who does it guarantee me that you won't create a
Panel that governs for an indefinite period?. They will surely tell me
that many people would speak to your favor and they would give me very
good arguments to defend and to certify that you are of trust. They
would give me hundred of websites that they mention your name and your
work. You would send me your picture in several events and next to
famous and reliable people. Why then, cannot you apply those same
approaches for new people in to the organization?.

- Fortunately the decision is in many more hands than only ours, it is
in the hands of all the members.

- In your case I don't have doubts of who you are, it is enough to
write your name in a searcher and to see the participation that you
have. But even so, can I trust you?

- And the fact that differs with you is not reason for not affirming
that I am for sure we could work very well together in a team. I
would not vote you for that differ with your vision, but not for that
don't trust in you or in your achievements and work capacity. The
work in team = to make concessions and to reach agreements.

a hug
Mauro. -

----- Mensaje original ----- De: Micheal Sherrill