RE: [atlarge-discuss] Re: failure notice

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

| how can you people want to participate in an international
| organization and not be able to speak and write in Greek?!?!?

OK, Sotiris .  I'll play your game.

For the sake of your argument, let's agree that we should support every
language with say a million or more speakers.  Per World Watch
(http://www.worldwatch.org/pubs/mag/2001/143/mos/) that's 250 of them!  Now,
we will implement one language per month (that's probably a very ambitious
schedule, but stay with me!).  Then, in fairness to our members, we'll
implement them based on their ranking, based on the number of speakers in
the world who consider it their primary language.  Where do you figure Greek
falls into this list?  According to one list I found
(http://www.domainisland.com/di/html/100languages.htm), it's number 74!  So
we might get to yoyr language in, let's see <multitasking to calendar!>,
make that a little over six years!  Shall we start now?  Oh, and by the way,
you *were* volunteering to *pay* for the upgrades, correct?  I thought not.
Oh well, we'll have to stick to what we have then, I guess!  :)

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info