RE: [atlarge-discuss] ELECTION REPORT

At 01:42 a.m. 30/05/2003, Jeff Holt wrote:
Ah, I see now, very interesting.  How does one go about getting a login
for this site?  The opening page has no "Register" feature....
No. Voter Registration is currently a separate affair, as the site is also used for other organizations. It can have numerous admin accounts, each with their own list of voters.

It would appear to be at least partially done with Cold Fusion, no?
The site has been developed in Cold Fusion, which means it can only be hosted with CF server. This is more expensive than standard hosting.

 Is
there a subset of this membership with Admin responsibilities or is it
totally a private thing?
The facility is owned by me, but I am keen to see a Polling Commission elected for the icannatlarge that will be authorised to use it for the icannatlarge.

 Didn't check the WHOIS on it yet, who's place
is it?  Appropriately monitored, it would certainly seem to be a
valuable tool for gauging membership participation.
"Appropriately monitored" is easier said than done.
I currently do not have the resources to re-program it for direct monitoring,(apart from the risks to anonymous voting) so we have to come up with procedures of inspection and checking that will satisfy the majority.

But something better than the email weaknesses that we are experiencing now should not be too difficult.

-joop-