RE: [atlarge-discuss] Too Many Other Things...

Folks -

   ...here we go again with statements being made as fact, when they are
not, and words are given "spin" in a way they were never intended - as it
is my words that are being questioned and made to seem to be now, other
than what they were and still are...

On Fri, 30 May 2003 bruce@barelyadequate.info wrote:

> Walter Schmidt wrote:
>
> | This is the third-plus time...
> Jefsey should be allowed to live his life.

   ...of course - and that was not my point - if you volunteer for a task
and then find your time is, rightfully, limited - do not make excuses,
instead ask for help or extend the task's deadline.

> | - Ballot Instructions have been misunderstood
>
> The ballot instructions WE sent out were very clear.

   ...no they were not, as I explained, and Joop had nothing to do with
the confusion - see my full quote, below

> |  - Ballot Questions are unclear and perhaps bias
>
> The ballot questions were taken from the membership

   ...the actual questions were written a new, not taken verbatin from us

> |  - Of 27 candidates, only 7 have made minimal contributions
>
> And this is Jefsey's fault why?  Take it up with our candidates!

   ...never said it was, as you imply I did

> |  - Yet, we are to choose 11 panel members
>
> That number was set by this organization in the past

   ...yet before the vote we "said" maybe five - as nominations unfolded
as they did, instead of questioning what we were doing, as we could had,
we did not

> |  - While, only two candidates have any real experience
>
> Since our focus is Internet users, I expect all of them have experience
> being that!  Considering how poorly (or even subversively!) some of the
> "experienced" persons have performed in this organization, I can't imagine a
> new person doing much worse!

   ...out of context, what I did say was:
   BEGINQUOTE
This is the third-plus time you have made a statement from which we are to
infer that other, valid, needs of your time have set some, undefined,
limit to the amount of your time that can be made available for this task,
one for which you volunteered. Clearly, you did not take the time to
respond, perhaps even consider, my five-questions - sent last Sunday and
resent earlier today.

That being the case, it would seem to me that having found this task being
as demanding as it is, the prudent thing to do would have been to extend
deadlines further.

Not having done that, we now find:

- Ballot Instructions have been misunderstood
- Ballot Questions are unclear and perhaps bias
- Of 27 candidates, only 7 have made minimal contributions
- Yet, we are to choose 11 panel members
- While, only two candidates have any real experience

At this point, might it not be a good idea to re-think this process's
timetable, consider the potential effects of the problems so far
identified, where necessary taking corrective measures, and, then use this
week to do whatever is necessary to prevent this process from going even
further downhill...
   ENDQUOTE

We may disagree - fine - let's just keep the quotes in context, and let's
keep opinions as opinions

--

 ---  REgards, walts@dorsai.org  Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(^) ---
 - -   Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Media Center Edition - HPMC 873n  ---