[atlarge-discuss] Provisional Membership Committee

All,

As the position of Panel Member at this time for this organization is potentially a watershed position of great responsibility, I have undertaken the adequate verification of each of the elected Panel Members (myself included). For those Panel Members who shun the use of Paypal as an ad hoc verification system, I have another process in mind. However, there is a cost involved and I think it's only appropriate that each of us pays the money to have ourselves properly verified. The cost is $12.25 CAD. The process is actually quite simple. I will send each Panel member a registered mail letter with a receipt notice attached to the letter. The letter itself will contain a confirmation code which will be emailed back to us by the candidate and thereby verified. As receipt of a registered letter requires acceptable id, I think this is a sufficiently reliable verification process. As this will cost $12.25 CAD for me to verify each Panel Member, I will require pre-payment for the letter by each of the Panel members who opt for this process as opposed to paypal or name-assigned digital certification.

--Sotiris Sotiropoulos

--
-----------

"The science of jurisprudence regards the state and power as the
ancients regarded fire- namely, as something existing absolutely.
But for history, the state and power are merely phenomena, just as for
modern physics fire is not an element but a phenomenon.

From this fundamental difference between the view held by history
and that held by jurisprudence, it follows that jurisprudence can tell
minutely how in its opinion power should be constituted and what
power- existing immutably outside time- is, but to history's questions
about the meaning of the mutations of power in time it can answer
nothing."
				     --Leo Tolstoy, "War and Peace"