Re: [atlarge-discuss] Bylaws Discussion

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> Frankly, I find the bulk of Danny's draft constitution not applicable to
> on-line political (self) organizing and trying to refine it may be a waste
> of time.

Having now read through Danny's draft I have to agree. It doesn't match this
organization very well.  Maybe in a year or so, if the membership has greatly
increased by then and more structure is needed.

But on the other hand I think Richard has gone overboard in the opposite
direction, toward "participatory democracy."  That latter model can be
made to work, but only in face-to-face meetings, which we can never have.  We
have to avoid the "tyranny of the majority" and realize that once we
incorporate, the Board will be legally responsible for actions of the
organization.  Therefore, it is they who must have the decision-making power.