Re: [atlarge-discuss] An opportunity to help

On 4 Jun 2003 at 0:19, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> No one on the ALAC has even noticed this letter.  Mr. Bode's problem
> deals with hosting companies that list themselves as the
> registrant/administrative contact when registering domain names for
> clients of their hosting services.  When these Hosting/ISP entities go
> bankrupt, it poses a problem for those individuals that paid for
> rights to the domains but now are faced with a registrar that won't
> respond to their needs (as registrars will cite ICANN rules that
> disallow namespace changes if such modifications are not authorized by
> the registrant and/or administrative contact).

I've long advocated that it's a very bad idea for anybody but the
actual owner to be listed as the registrant and admin contact, and
that any hosting provider that puts itself in those spaces of a
client's domain is either incompetent or crooked.

http://domains.dan.info/tips/

--
== Dan ==