Re: [atlarge-discuss] Control Freak

At 07:40 a.m. 7/06/2003, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
Joop Teernstra has introduced "3 Motions #2003N" in which he cites a "need"
for a members-only mailing list, and a "need" for a list where non-members have
no posting rights.
Danny,

Danny , I do not want to appear unhospitable, but people have the right to run away from gadflies.
They want to get their act together. There is maillist overload at the moment here on this list.

A volunteer community which agrees to membership rules has the right to exclude those who want to "participate" in its affairs without wanting to commit to membership.

You are free to speech here on this list, and if what you say is worthwhile you will have your audience.
You are also free to post in our Forum whenever you think that you have something constructive to offer.

You have NO right to veto a new list.

-joop-