Re: [atlarge-discuss] Quorum: Members said

Joop, Darryl AKA "Dessa" and all fellow members,

  You are spot on here on this point, Joop.

  None the less there is no *Representative's* to date even
if we legitimately elect a panel some day.  A "panel" is not
a set or group of *Representative's*.

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 12:29 a.m. 15/06/2003, Dassa wrote:
> >With a quorum you are talking about the
> >smallest number of members you would trust to make an informed vote.
>
> Quorum is not about an informed vote, it is about a *representative* vote.
> Quorum is at the heart of all democratic decisions.
>
> In Australia the idea is taken so seriously that voting is compulsory for
> all citizens.
>
>   Perhaps 9 would be a good figure
> >all could agree with?
>
> I could.
> But absent panel members could frustrate the vote if they would be allowed to.
>
> -joop-

    Pierre Abelard