Re: [atlarge-discuss] Tonight

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> >Glad you had a good old time, Sotiris, now what are you and the other
> >Panelists doing to fix the www.icannatlarge.org non-permission situation?
> >

> I have to admit that the current Panel has already been more active than
> any previous panel. Jan, please correct me if I'm wrong (I have
> ahangover), but I assume you are referring to the Jefsey spamming when
> you speak of the 'non-permission' situation? If that's the case, then I
> have to say that from where I sit, there's not a whole lot that can be
> done at this point. We can only hope that Jefsey will not do anything so
> foolhardy again...

No...although I have my own opinion of that sorry quasi-spamming event,
that's not what I meant...someone on this list recently complained about
being locked out of the icannatlarge.org website with a 404 or something.  I
tried it myself (having read his post two days after it had been sent) and
icannatlarge.org responded with "We are sorry, but you do not have permission
to access this website."  Uh oh.

But I just tried it again five minutes ago and got in, so the "emergency" is
over for now.  I'd like to know what happened, though.  Under the expectation
of "transparency," and if we had an official webmaster, I would have expected
to be reading the webmaster's explanation by now.  (I didn't notice one on
the site itself.)  I'll withhold judgment until I have caught up with the
past 24 hours' e-mail.

Thanks for the reply and I'm looking forward to *your* precis of
Montreal...some of us still think of "Joe Sims" in quotes - a character who
embodies so much that many of us hold as evil is hard to imagine as a
flesh-and-blood human - did you happen to have your picture taken shaking
hands with him at Applebee's?  :-)