Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] WHOIS workshop comment submission address

Whomever "JFC Morfin @large" <jfc@atlarge.ws> is and all fellow members,

JFC Morfin @large wrote:

> On 20:20 26/06/03, Eric Dierker said:
> >I like most of what you said here by why no ccTLDs?
> >I do not see you logic.
>
> Let be candid.

One should always be candid,  not just when it suits them, on a
Mailing list forum.

> Do you see any single ccTLD which offers more than Verisign?
> Quote one ccTLD which has created an @large charpter? Elections? Users
> questionnaire?

  Good questions that deserve answers and one that I had
ask some 3 years ago to a number of the ccTDL admins on the
old Domain-policy list and again on the NC ccTLD list...
No answers than, and likely no answers now.  As Eric is
or was involved with .VN I have yet to see any effort
on his part to organize .VN registrants...

> Quote one which organizes an Internet User Show. Wich organizes users
> internet training. Who has set up a user Jury to address naming conflicts?
> Who provides IP addresses one a first come fierst equally served basis? Who
> only knows what a network system is, not only strnig delivery business? Who
> has found a solution to the real demand of the user for the right to a
> free, life-long, warranted name as part of a space of trust, services and
> consumer and citizen rights and protection?

  All good questions and all ask repeatedly before...

> ccTLDs claim to get their legitimacy from their local internet community.
> This is fine as long as this permits them not to depend from ICANN. But do
> you know only one who really care about its users community in a real
> practical way. They do care about registrars. But about individual users?
> About users communities.
>
> Oh! yes some _would like_, but you cannot do it in the Verisign/ICANN
> merchant e-model.
>
> This is why

 I agree it is part of the reason why...

    Pierre Abelard