Re: [atlarge-discuss] anyone care to RALO?

Danny and all fellow ICANNATLARGE.ORG members,

  As you already know Danny the Jefsey-election of the illigitimate
"Panel" is in it's expected disarray as well as being unable
to maintain properly the ICANNATLARGE.ORG web site.

  Regardless of all that and your particular interest in the
members agreeing to get in bed with the ALSC, it is
seemingly perhaps not in the best interest of the members
of  ICANNATLARGE.ORG join a non-independant
membership structure such as the ALSC as an RALO
as in doing so if further dilutes the value and input
that stakeholders/user have frequently stated they
desire and deserve in accordance with the MoU and
the White paper.

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Approval of Proposal by At-Large Advisory Committee
>
> Whereas, on 15 June 2003 the Interim At-Large Advisory Committee posted a
> document describing its recommendations concerning the process for forming
> At-Large Structures and Regional At-Large Organizations (RALOs);
>
> Whereas, public comment was invited on that document, both by e-mail and at
> the ICANN Public Forum in Montréal on 25 June 2003;
>
> Whereas, after considering the public comments received, the Board concludes
> that the recommendations of the Interim At-Large Advisory Committee should be
> adopted and approved;
>
> Resolved [03.102] that the Board hereby adopts the recommendation of the
> Interim At-Large Advisory Committee on “minimum criteria for an At-Large
> Structure”, and hereby establishes them under Article XI, Section 2(4)(i) of the bylaws
> as the criteria and standards for the certification of At-Large Structures
> within all Geographic Regions, subject to revision for any region upon the entry
> of a Memorandum of Understanding between ICANN and the RALO for that region;
>
> Further resolved [03.103] that the Board approves the “certification process
> for At-Large Structures” and “Application for ‘At-Large Structure’ (ALS)
> designation” recommended by the Interim At-Large Advisory Committee;
>
> Further resolved [03.104] that the Board hereby adopts the “Proposed
> procedures for Board review of ALAC certification decisions” as recommended by the
> Interim At-Large Advisory Committee, and hereby establishes them under Article
> XI, Section 2(4)(i) of the bylaws as the procedures for review of At-Large
> Advisory Committee decisions to certify or de-certify At-Large Structures; and
>
> Further resolved [03.105] that the Board hereby adopts the “Proposed
> guidelines for the form of each Regional At-Large Organizations’ (RALO) Memorandum of
> Understanding (MOU) to be entered into with ICANN” as recommended by the
> Interim At-Large Advisory Committee, and hereby establishes them under Article XI,
> Section 2(4)(g) of the bylaws as the criteria and standards for the
> certification of RALOs.
> http://www.icann.org/minutes/prelim-report-26jun03.htm
>
> Dear Panel,
>
> Thanks for doing and saying nothing.  I'm sure we can count on more of the
> same in the days ahead...

    Pierre Abelard