[atlarge-discuss] Re: [ga] why we are being ignored

Joop and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 04:10 a.m. 27/06/2003, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
> >   Maybe now you'll appreciate the difference
> >between participation and representation.
>
> Representation needs to be structured. It needs boring rules and  procedures.
> Participation has all the glamour of being involved with the issues of the day.
>
> The hero's are those who quitely beaver away at creating credible, scalable
> representational structure.
> The misguided are those who expect ICANN to do it for them.

Joop is partly right here.  What he forgets or perhaps denies
and/or doesn't want to acknowledge is that the DNSO was
structured and done so by the participants until the ICANN
staff and BoD meddled with it, than later under the guise
of "Reform" the ICANN BoD did away with the GA
as a part of the ICANN structure all together,  the IDNO
was also never acknowledged, perhaps rightly so for
similar reasons, however without even the approval
or the stakeholders/users when some support from
the NCDHNC was evident and stated.

  Good "credible, scalable representational structure is
almost always determined by the actual participants
themselves and not determined from "On High" by
self-selected demagogues of various types or flavors.
History has time and time again proven this to be true...

"Credible, scalable representational structure" of
ICANN presently in most participants mind as
has been expressed over and over again, does
not exist.

> --Joop--
> icannatlarge Panel Member
> www.icannatlarge.com