From: Walter Schmidt [mailto:walts@dorsai.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 11:07 AM
To: Atlarge Discuss List
Cc: Walter Schmidt
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Proposal: How to Replace Panel Members...

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, it was written:

> It was already decided that when a panel seat was vacated then the
next
> highest vote getter was to get that position. Why are you trying to
> change that decision?

And those 16 people who did not get elected (see following) cared so
much
for our efforts, our organization, that their participation with us has
been at, or continued to be at, what level?

Let the Panel fill vacancies by "inviting" someone to join them -
someone
who has participated in ways other than that of just being a name on a
list from a past electiion...