RE: [atlarge-discuss] Proposal: How to Replace Panel Members...

Walt and fellow members,

Not at all.  While there is a portion of the current "Panel" making the
attempt as you say, there remains also the rest.  As for those who were
not "elected", some have still been keeping in touch.  In the short time
since the so-called election with its controversy, the rest of the
candidates no doubt have withdrawn to observe more than participate, a
natural reaction to such a loss.

And I did not suggest that THIS Panel is already a clique, merely that
by setting precedent of allowing replacements by "Invitation" it would
open that possibility in the future.  It would be preferable to hold an
interim election if necessary and the practice of filling vacant seats
from the pre-qualified candidates meets with resistance.  But, like
filling a jury from the jury panel, with a pool of viable candidates
available, why go through the mess of an entire election process again?
Even though the majority of the candidates who failed to be elected have
seemingly disappeared, the highest ranking ones are still observing and
have even Posted...  Right, Mauro?

So while I agree that we need to make progress and move on, I do not
think reacting without thought for the future is the best course. We
should take pains to institute better By-laws and not be setting
precedents which might come back to haunt us later.

Sincerely,

Jeff Holt
Jefftttt@txucom.net
www.tejas-info-services.com