RE: [atlarge-discuss] Proposal: How to Replace Panel Members...

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Jeff Holt wrote:

> ...by setting precedent of allowing replacements by "Invitation" it
> would open that possibility in the future.

   ...since it was mentioned.

Most "panels" that I know (over 90%) fill vacancies by panel invite. All
"panels" I know, fill vacancies by internal (also officer vote, etc.)
invite, with tenure until next formal-vote.

In addition, I've been involved with about a dozen formation-groups. In
all cases vacancies were filled (or would have been filled) by invite.

Now, that does not prevent the invite from going to anyone - but it does
prevent the invite to going to someone not known...

Again - paraphrased from an existing set of bylaws:

The Panel shall have the power to fill all vacancies on the Panel. The
Term of any "Non-Elected Panel Member" will continue until the next
scheduled regular election, at which time the "Non-Elected Panel Member"
may run for the position of Panel Member. The powers and duties of
"Non-Elected Panel Members" shall be the same as elected Panel Members,
except for the aforemention Panel Term.

Why I've gone on about this, is that this form of vacancy replacement is
the norm - what we had suggested is not.

--

 ---  REgards, walts@dorsai.org  Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(^) ---
 - -   Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Media Center Edition - HPMC 873n  ---