[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Musikindustrie-verliert-1999-$1,400,000,000
- From: "Ralf Stephan" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 14:11:04 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Mail-Followup-To: email@example.com
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Your Rights Online: Pirates Steal Negative $1,400,000,000 from Music
Music Posted by michael on Sunday February 27, @04:22PM
from the two-faced dept.
In exciting news this week, the RIAA announced that due to the massive
piracy of digital music "ripped" from CD's and made available over the
Internet, the music industry lost negative $1,400,000,000 in CD sales
in 1999. In fact, the damage was so extreme that the industry shipped
negative 90 million fewer CD's than the year before.