[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] Internet fiesta
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [FYI] Internet fiesta
- From: "Axel H Horns" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 11:17:47 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Comments: Sender has elected to use 8-bit data in this message. If problems arise, refer to postmaster at sender's site.
- Organization: PA Axel H Horns
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
CORDIS RTD-NEWS/© European Communities, 2000.
Record Control Number: 14478
The best ideas of the information society will be celebrated at an
'Internet fiesta' which will be taking place around the world on 17
to 19 March.
Supported by the European Commission's Information Society Project
Office, the event aims to reflect the global nature of the Internet,
with events on the Web and also in villages, streets, shops and
It follows on from the success of the first Internet fiesta in 1999.
Among the range of events on offer, children will be showing their
parents or grand-parents how to use the Internet at school, artists
will be creating together digital artworks, and administrations will
be throwing their virtual doors open to citizens. Farmers will be
discovering the Internet, where new markets will be created and a
cybervillage will be inaugurated.
At the time of going to press, there were 152 events registered on
the database, but there is still time for more to enlist.
Data Source Provider: Europa
Document Reference: Internet fiesta website
Subject Index Codes: Information Processing, Information Systems
Further information is available from: