[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: FYI: 2nd US Big Brother Awards
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: FYI: 2nd US Big Brother Awards
- From: Peter Kuhm <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 16:02:25 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- In-Reply-To: <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
At 21:49 03.04.00 +0200, Peter Kuhm wrote:
>On April 5, 2000, Privacy International will present the 2nd annual
>"Big Brother" awards to the government and private sector organizations
>which have done the most to invade personal privacy in the United States.
aaaand the winners aaare:
Most Invasive Proposal
Federal Aviation Administration
for the BodyScan scanners being places in airports in the US
Greatest Corporate Invader
for monitoring the surfing of 50 million net users
Worst Public Official
William Dailey & US Department of Commerce
for Safe Harbor, export controls, opposing US privacy laws.
for selling credit reports to marketers and keeping inaccurate reports for years.
(More details coming soon)