[FYI] Filterkritik von Justiz ausgenutzt

   WASHINGTON -- The U.S. Department of Justice is quietly recruiting
   critics of filtering software to help it defend a controversial
   anti-pornography law in court.
   The Justice Department's reasoning is simple: If products like
   Cyberpatrol and Surfwatch are so badly flawed that they don't block
   what they should, then the judge in the case should uphold a federal
   law making it a crime to post erotica online instead.

   "What they want me for is a kind of technical assault on filtering
   software, but the end result is that nothing can protect kids on the
   Web except some kind of blanket age restriction," says John Bowes, an
   associate professor at the University of Washington. "I don't like
   filtering, but I dislike age restrictions even more."

ralf
--
http://me.in-berlin.de/~rws/