New variants of ILOVEYOU bug. (fwd)

Anti-virus experts say computer administrators around the
world are continuing to fight the Love Bug. It now comes in
five flavors, including the more dangerous "Mother's Day"
mutation, which tries to trick victims into opening an
attachment by claiming it's a bill for diamonds purchased
at a special Mother's Day price.        "We've seen the
situation just get worse in Asia and Europe during Friday,"
said Mikko Hypponen, manager of anti-virus research at
F-Secure Corp. "With four new variants out after the
original one, it's getting more and more difficult for end
users to know which e-mail to avoid."     The latest
variant might cause the most trouble. It attempts to prey
on consumer fears of erroneous credit card charges and
arrives with the subject line "Mother's Day Order
Confirmation." The body of the message then tells the
potential victim: "We have proceeded to charge your credit
card for the amount of $326.92 for the mothers day diamond
special. We have attached a detailed invoice to this email.
Please print out the attachment and keep it in a safe
place. Thanks Again and Have a Happy Mothers Day!
mothersday@subdimension.com."     The attached file,
mothersday.vbs, is very similar to the original ILOVEYOU
virus but is considerably more destructive. It sets out to
delete all .INI and .BAT files from all local and network
drives. Removing such files could make it impossible to
restart a victim's computer.        "With only eight days
to go until Mother's Day, this attack is quite credible,"
Hypponen said.