[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] Supreme Court sends antitrust case to lower Appeals Court
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [FYI] Supreme Court sends antitrust case to lower Appeals Court
- From: "jan.meyer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:35:33 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supreme Court sends antitrust case to
lower Appeals Court
September 26, 2000: 11:29 a.m. ET
NEW YORK (CNNfn) - The United States Supreme Court declined the
government's request to hear Microsoft's appeal of the federal and
state antitrust case against the company Tuesday, instead sending
it to a lower court.
The decision is seen as a procedural win for Microsoft, since the
U.S. Court of Appeals has ruled in the Redmond, Wash.-based software
maker's favor in prior antitrust matters with the government.
However, the circumstances in those appearances before the Appeals
Court were different than in the current sweeping antitrust case