[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ICANN Debatte in den USA../Postel test (Ausnahmezustand..)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: ICANN Debatte in den USA../Postel test (Ausnahmezustand..)
- From: Heiko Recktenwald <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:23:42 +0200 (CEST)
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, was war das denn fuer ein test ?
Nothing stops the non U.S. government servers from pointing
their servers anywhere they choose although since the U.S. government
controls three of the thirteen root servers directly and several
more indirectly, such a decision likely would produce a split in the
root, and ultimately might lead to a divided Internet.
555.See Cukier, supra note 173 (outlining Postel's test and the response to the test by the
other root servers).