[FYI] South Australian government censors Net

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/dailynews/story/0,2000011358,20106865,00.
htm

------------------------------- CUT ---------------------------------

South Australian government censors Net

By Megan McAuliffe, ZDNet Australia

In an action deemed ridiculous, the South Australia government has
announced it will enforce new laws for content on the Internet.
Opponents say it could spell jail for anyone who unwittingly uploads
material deemed 'offensive'.

"[The Bill] proposes to criminalise people who upload content on the
Internet that is rated 'R'. We're talking about being locked up in
jail," Electronic Frontiers Association member Irene Graham told
ZDNet.

"I can't believe a democracy is doing this, it's ridiculous," Graham
said.

The EFA made a number of recommendations that changes be made to the
draft model legislation sent out in August last year, "which had
serious unintended consequences."

The new Internet content laws will hold users criminally liable if
they access classified content and upload it, according to a
statement issued by the South Australian Attorney General Trevor
Griffin.

[...]