[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
XIN: U.S. Registry Offers 20 New Top-level Domains
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: XIN: U.S. Registry Offers 20 New Top-level Domains
- From: M.DUECK@3LANDBOX.comlink.apc.org (Mario Dueck)
- Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 23:00:00 +0000
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Registry Offers 20 New Top-level Domains
LOS ANGELES, March 6 (Xinhua) -- In a direct challenge to the U.
S. Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), a
new domain name registry on Monday announced here that it has
begun selling an additional 20 top-level domains (TLDs), including
.kids, .travel and .xxx, for 25 U.S. Dollars per year.
The new TLDs are more logical and easier to remember than the
existing TLDs and go beyond the seven new TLDs that the ICANN
announced late last year, David Hernand, chief executive officer
of New.net Inc., said.
In addition to .kids, . travel and .xxx, New.net, based in
Pasadena, California, is selling names ending in .shop, .mp3, .inc,
.sport, .family, .chat, .video, .club, .hola, .soc, .med, .law, .
game, .free, .ltd, .gmbh and .tech.
The 20 new TLDs became available for purchase at www.new.net
early Monday and are being sold on a first-come-first-served basis,
New.net has reached agreement with EarthLink Inc., Excite@Home
Inc. and NetZero Inc. to ensure that the 16 million customers of
those Internet service providers (ISPs) can reach the new TLDs.
06/03/2001 20:41 GMT
- provided by infoPool News Service - email@example.com -
- Copyright XINHUA News Agency - all rights reserved -
- - - - -