[FYI] EU's 'Safer Internet' site hacked

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/216

-------------------------------- CUT ------------------------------

EU's 'Safer Internet' site hackedSite remains down; Internet safety
suffers.

By Kieren McCarthy, The Register
June 13, 2001 1:59 PM PT

The European Union's attempt to promote a safer Internet and "tackle
the controversial issue of illegal and harmful content on the
Internet" has been hacked and is still down a day later.

The unknown hackers left this message on SaferInternet.org: "This is
our world! We are god and we make the rulezzzzz Happy finding us!
The Netherlands is tha place! www.hal2001.nl". Unobjective egotism
aside, the irony is delightful.

[...]

Paul Rogers from MAS Corporate Defence Solutions had this to tell
us: "The server is not as secure as it should have been; it would
seem some patches hadn't been installed. The VNC, ColdFusion system
ports, FTTP access and MS single server port were all open. It was
only going to be a matter of time before it was hacked."

[...]

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/