[FYI] (Fwd) FC: Request for help on documentary film on civil liberties after 9-11

Date sent:      	Thu, 18 Jul 2002 02:16:44 -0400
To:             	politech@politechbot.com
From:           	Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject:        	FC: Request for help on documentary film on civil liberties after
 	9-11
Copies to:      	jenpetrucelli@earthlink.net
Send reply to:  	declan@well.com

---

Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:07:34 -0700
Subject: story request
From: Jennifer Petrucelli <jenpetrucelli@earthlink.net>
To: <declan@well.com>

Hi Declan --

Thanks again for your time yesterday; It was really helpful talking
with you.

A brief write-up on the project follows.  It would be great if you
could forward this to people on your email list.

Take care,

Jen

*************
For a documentary film about the threat to civil liberties post Sept
11th (with the advent of the USA Patriot Act etc.)  we are seeking
stories about:

People (preferably students, preferably in the DC or SF Bay Areas) who
who have been directly affected by the "New McCarthyism."
Specifically, we are looking for people who have been affected by
technology surveillance...someone who may have experienced serious
repercussions for going to a given web site or expressing a certain
view on line.

We are also looking for a college student (or recent grad) who might
be willing and able to speak more generally about the new threats to
on-line privacy post-Sept. 11th.

We would, of course, also welcome stories about people otherwise
affected by the USA Patriot Act...but the technology issues are our
priority focus at the moment.

By way of some background info ... my colleague Vivian Kleiman and I
are independent filmmakers based in Berkeley, California. We have been
asked to produce a short (20-minute) film for an organization in
Washington DC called the Alliance for Justice (www.afj.org). The piece
will screen mostly on college campus; the goal being to raise
awareness and activism among students around these issues.

If you have story ideas, please contact me at:
jenpetrucelli@earthlink.net

Thank you!

Jen

**************
Jennifer Petrucelli
Producer/Director
2600 10th Street, Ste. 105
Berkeley, CA 94710
510.549.1443
415.596.4970 cell
510.549.1474 fax
jenpetrucelli@earthlink.net

--- Like Politech? Make a donation here:
http://www.politechbot.com/donate/