Re: [FYI] Big Brother Pentagon

Hallo Martin,

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 00:23:55 +0100 you wrote:

> Dumme Frage: Wollen die nur "Terroristen" überwachen oder auch
> US-Bürger?

das System dient nicht dazu, Terroristen zu überwachen, sondern sie in
der Bevölkerung zu identifizieren. Wenn über neue Homeland Security Acts
die Befugnisse der US Geheimdienste ausgedehnt und bestehende
U.S Datenschutzvorschriften verwässert werden, dürfte man Bevölkerung
durch Weltbevölkerung ersetzen.
Die folgenden Zitate habe ich gerade auf meiner TIAS/IAO Page eingefügt,
sie geben eigentlich gut wieder, worum es geht:

"The intelligence collection targets are thousands of people whose
identities and whereabouts we do not always know. It is somewhat
analogous to the anti-submarine warfare problem of finding submarines in
an ocean of noise we must find the terrorists in a world of noise,
understand what they are planning, and develop options for preventing
their attacks."  John M. Poindexter, IAO Direktor

"...our task is akin to finding dangerous groups of needles hidden in
stacks of needle pieces. This is much harder than simply finding needles
in a haystack: we have to search through many stacks, not just one;
(...) So, in principle at least, we must track all the needle pieces all
of the time and consider all possible combinations."  Ted Senator, EELD
Programm-Manager

"Detecting interesting patterns of activity consists of finding
connections between people, organizations, places, and things, and then
recognizing interesting patterns of activity conducted by these people
and organizations. These connections may be manifested as transactions
between people and or organizations, by common membership in
organizations, or by frequent cooccurrence of the same people in
multiple events."  Ted Senator, EELD Programm-Manager

http://kai.iks-jena.de/miniwhr/tias-iao.html
die Reden und Präsentationen, denen die Zitate entstammen:
http://kai.iks-jena.de/files/darpatech2002tias.zip

Ciao
Kai

--