[FYI] (Fwd) FC: Request from CNBC producer working on P2P piracy story

Date sent:      	Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:15:21 -0500
To:             	politech@politechbot.com
From:           	Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject:        	FC: Request from CNBC producer working on P2P piracy story
Copies to:      	Steve.Mccarthy@nbc.com
Send reply to:  	declan@well.com

---

From: "Mccarthy, Steve (NBC, CNBC)" <Steve.Mccarthy@nbc.com>
To: "'Declan McCullagh'"
Subject: Story
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:06:32 -0500

Thanks for agreeing to mail this around....

I am a producer for CNBC working on a tv magazine story about the
legal, technical, cultural and political issues swirling around what
some call "file sharing" and others call "digital piracy." I'm working
with CNBC Correspondent David Faber.

I'm looking to interview someone who does quite a bit of file sharing.
Preferably someone in a college in the Northeast.

I'm not looking to cast this person as some kind of pirate stealing
from poor songwriters. If you're on this mailing list you  know that
the issue is much more complex than that. My goal is to show how
widespread it is and to discuss ideas on how to resolve the issue.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. We're looking to shoot this
story in the next two weeks.

Thank you,

Steve McCarthy
Producer
CNBC
steve.mccarthy@nbc.com
201-346-6580

--- Like Politech? Make a donation here:
http://www.politechbot.com/donate/ Recent CNET News.com articles:
http://news.search.com/search?q=declan