US Regierung betreibet Newsarchiv ala ICTF

From: Nick G <rc00006@student.uq.edu.au>
Newsgroups: alt.privacy,alt.security.pgp,alt.anonymous
Subject: Re: Stopping Alta Vista
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 10:04:51 -0700

x-no-archive: yes

Iolo Davidson wrote:
>  Aren't you curious about whether and
> which archives honour the line?

I have contacted AltaVista. Outcomes:
(1) They say that they will not generally remove someone from their
archives, as they think that Usenets postings are public,
(2) They do honour the 'x-no-archive= yes' feature, if it is put in the
header, first few lines, or *the last line*. I'm not sure if DejaNews
lets you put the command on the last line - does anyone know? It would
be easy to put into a .signature file.

I also contacted DejaNews. Someone there seemed very helpful. Outcomes:
(1) They will remove ('nuke') someone from their list if you ask them;
(2) The person there noted to me that even if you could be taken off
their list --
*he believed that the US GOVERNMENT had a USENET ARCHIVE far more
comprehensive than DejaNews*

Scarry stuff...

A question if anyone can help. It seems that AltaVista doesn't actually
keep Usenet's indefiniately. I only found the posts I did in the last
few months. Do they only keep recent posts (c/f DejaNews who seems to
keep a permanent archive?)???

--Christian Regards,                __
                                   (___\__
                                   (- @)
 _--_|\  Nick G                             *  For the kingdom of God is
/     *\ Brisbane, Australia               *  *not in word, but in power
\_.--._/ rc00006@student.uq.edu.au            . *  +   *    . +     .
      v  http://www.trf.org.au  .oooO  Oooo. *  .   .  1Corinthians 4:20
                                  \_)  (_/
x-no-archive: yes