Re: German Gouvernment plans to restrict cryptography

At 06:49 PM 12/21/96 +0000, Lutz Donnerhacke wrote:
>On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Carl Ellison wrote:
>> 	danke fuer ihre Postung.  Was machen Leute jetzt.  Kann man
>> dagegen kaempfen?  Wie?  ...politisch oder nur mit Steganographie?
>
>There is a rumor that no such regulation is planned so far. The best
>effort seems an intensive information offensive from all parts of this
>country and from outside. Asking everybody may cause a sensibilisation
>for this subject.

Whatever I can do from over here to help, I'd be happy to do.

I have been battling these plans in the US for some time, e.g., my
http://www.clark.net/pub/cme/html/ke.html

 - Carl

|Carl M. Ellison       cme@acm.org    http://www.clark.net/pub/cme |
|   PGP 2.6.2: 61 E2 DE 7F CB 9D 79 84  E9 C8 04 8B A6 32 21 A2    |
+-Officer, officer, arrest that man. He's whistling a dirty song.--+