[FYI] The Crypto Underground Meets RSA

http://www.wired.com/news/print_version/culture/story/17384.html?wnpg=
all

-------------------------------- CUT --------------------------------

                                   updated 9:05 a.m.  18.Jan.99.PST

The Crypto Underground Meets RSA
by James Glave

3:00 a.m.  18.Jan.99.PST
SAN JOSE, California -- Doug Hoover was getting seriously flamed. The
cypherpunks had identified a flaw in his company's marketing
materials, and they were letting him know.

"I'll give you credit, you are the first snake-oil salesman to step in
front of this audience," a cypherpunk, who goes by the name Lucky
Green, told him. "I don't understand how you can stand up here and say
you are providing software security comparable to a hardware token."

On Monday, the seminar room will be filled with Fortune 500 IT
managers, along with a smattering of National Security Agency (NSA)
eavesdroppers, attending the opening day of the RSA Data Security
Conference.

[...]