[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [FYI] BUILDING CONFIDENCE IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [FYI] BUILDING CONFIDENCE IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Lutz Donnerhacke)
- Date: 16 Mar 1999 09:00:49 GMT
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Newsgroups: iks.lists.fitug
- Organization: IKS GmbH Jena
- References: <m10Md05-0003EvC@fwd08.btx.dtag.de>
- Sender: email@example.com
* Axel H. Horns wrote:
>Government consults on proposals to make UK best place to trade
>Jack Straw said:
>"Cryptography has an important contribution to make in the successful
>development of electronic commerce.
>"Alongside this, the Government also has a fundamental responsibility
>to protect the public. Encryption is already being used by drug
>traffickers, terrorists and paedophiles. We must ensure that vital law
>enforcement powers keep pace with this new technology.
>"We are therefore announcing today proposals for lawful access to