[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fwd: Risks Digest 20.34
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Fwd: Risks Digest 20.34
- From: Lutz Donnerhacke <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 19:50:32 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:50:33 -0400
From: Monty Solomon <email@example.com>
Subject: Bar says e-mail OK for transmissions
The American Bar Association has given its seal of approval to the use
of e-mail to transmit client documents.
Under most circumstances, a lawyer does not violate a client's
confidentiality by transmitting documents via unencrypted electronic mail,
the ABA Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility
concluded in an ethics opinion announced last week.