[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] EU Telephony Standards
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [FYI] EU Telephony Standards
- From: Horns@t-online.de (Axel H. Horns)
- Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 19:48:40 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Organization: Private Site
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
CORDIS RTD-NEWS/c European Communities, 1999.
Record Control Number: 12933
The European Commission has adopted a Decision on
a common technical regulation for connection to
the analogue public switched telephone networks
(PSTNs). This Decision is specifically relevant to
terminal equipment supporting the voice telephony
justified case service in which network
addressing, if provided, is by means of dual tone
multi-frequency (DTMF) signalling.
This Decision applies to terminal equipment, which
is intended to be connected to analogue PSTN.
Additionally, it establishes a common technical
regulation covering the attachment requirements
for analogue PSTN terminal equipment, where
network addressing, if provided, is by means of
This Decision does not cover requirements relating
to the inter-working of terminal equipment via the
public telecommunications network.
Data Source Provider: Official Journal of the
Document Reference: OJ No L 118 of 06.05.1999, p.
Subject Index Codes: Telecommunications;