[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[fyi] Sun kauft StarOffice
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [fyi] Sun kauft StarOffice
- From: Holger Veit <Holger.Veit@gmd.de>
- Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 19:23:49 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Mail-Followup-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Sun buying Microsoft Office competitor
By Stephen Shankland
Staff Writer, CNET News.com
August 20, 1999, 1:30 p.m. PT
Sun Microsystems is finalizing a deal to buy Star Division, a maker of a
software suite similar to Microsoft Office, and it appears that it is off
on a second attempt for desktop glory.
A deal to purchase Star Division was signed August 11, and an announcement
is expected August 31, sources familiar with the plan said. Star Division
makes two types of its StarOffice software, on type that runs on Linux,
Solaris, Windows, OS2, and Mac OS, and the other, a thin client version
of the software that runs on Java-enabled devices. The purchase price for
Star is unknown at present.
Signature fault - code dumbed