[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] Independent European regulatory authority?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [FYI] Independent European regulatory authority?
- From: "Axel H. Horns" <Horns@t-online.de>
- Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 18:11:45 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Comments: Sender has elected to use 8-bit data in this message. If problems arise, refer to postmaster at sender's site.
- Organization: PA Axel H. Horns
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
CORDIS RTD-NEWS/© European Communities, 1999.
Record Control Number: 13604
Category: General policy
The possible added value of an independent European regulatory
authority for telecommunications has been considered by the European
Telecommunications Office, the results of which have been presented
in a draft final report available on the Internet.
The document examines what regulatory problems have been identified
in the EU within the harmonised telecoms framework and considers
whether an EU regulator is needed to address these problems. A
regulatory overview, an analysis of a comprehensive survey, an
overview on national arrangements in the EU Member States, a
description of European structures in the field and some
recommendations are also contained in the report.
The study was prepared for the European Commission, following a
request from the European Parliament.
Data Source Provider: I*M Europe Newsdesk
Document Reference: Added value of an independent European Regulatory
Authority for telecoms - Draft final report.
Programme Acronym: ISPO
Subject Index Codes: Telecommunications; Policies
A copy of the draft final report can be downloaded in pdf format from
the Web at: