No Subject

ICANN wasn't founded to be "democratic".

Almost every technical field has a body like ICANN to agree upon and set technical standards.
There are institutions for (mobile) telephony, electricity, gas, mechanical engineering etc.

Usually those institutions do not care about regular people, users, consumers or however one wants to call us.

Now ICANN opens itself towards "us", the user. In doing so it acknowledges our importance.
As ICANN is a first mover, a learning process and mistakes are likely. Complaining doesn't help.
Only participation, constructive criticism and work will make changes possible.

This election is as a great chance to increase the user friendliness, the openness and most importantly the democratic character of the internet.

I look forward to the discussions about what the candidates should or should not do.

Andreas