Re: [ICANN-EU] Seven candidates cap

Alexander Svensson <svensson@icannchannel.de> writes:

> > A very few will participate
> > to the ballot (2 of us only in Europe - 3 in N.A - :  ICANN thought
> > european were not educated enough to be able to chose their
> > candidates?).
>
> Just a quick remark on that. ICANN CFO Andrew McLaughlin stated
> as the reason for the seven candidates cap that one doesn't
> "want to overwhelm the staff". Seven candidates in five
> regions, that's a total of 35 candidates.

I think the unreferenced poster wanted to say that's astonishing that
ICANN has pre-nominated five candidates in Europe, but less in other
regions.  I find this especially strange because at least some of the
European nominees clearly can't be regarded as Net representatives (at
least one of them has left almost no traces on the Net, and all these
traces are others writing very words about him).