[ICANN-EU] Re: [icann-candidates] Don't waste your endorsement vote

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, coach wrote:

> Marc,
> do you really know Jeanette Hofmann so well to give a recommendation for her

I have never had the pleasure of meeting her. No, I do not know her
well. I do not know any of the other candidates personally.

> or is it just an accademic arrangement?

Absolutely not. I hold no academic position at present. And I am not in to
political science or sociology. I have not communicated with Jeanette
Hofmann about my move. Our private contacts have been limited to the
exchange of one email off this list, two weeks ago, in which her reply to
a question about UDRP/WIPO gave me the idea her position in this field of
problems was sound. I have also read her postings to the lists carefully,
as well as material on her website.

> I had the dubiouse pleasure to have
> a contact with Hofmann, and after that all I can hope is that she will never
> and nowhere get any responsibility on important things. In my opinion she
> has not the character to represent the European interests but only her
> interests. I read some of her lectures, and  all ICANN must be, but not in
> that way Hofmann expects ICANN should go.

Fine, we have all got ego's. Since your posting about Jeanette is rather
"personal", I will touch upon a personal matter I left out in my statement
for obvious reasons. My choice for Jeanette is not only a positive one,
but also a negative one. I would not be happy, to put it mildly, if Lutz
Donnerhacke ended up as the second member nominee on the ballot. For my
reasons, please, review the exchange of messages between him and me on the
icann-fitug-de list some 10 or 11 days ago. In short: his ideas about
domains are too far away from reality to make him useful on the ICANN
board. There are other matters, which I rather leave unmentioned, as this
is not about blackening candidates.

My concern, and the sole motive for my move, is that I will not be able to
vote for either of the two member nominees in the upcoming election,
because I would feel they could not represent me. That would mean I have
no choice, as the 5 ICANN nominated candidates are not acceptable either
to me.

Do not give us two German (male) 'hackers' to choose from, OK?
--
Marc Schneiders ------- Venster - http://www.venster.nl
 marc@venster.nl - marc@bijt.net - marc@schneiders.org