Re: [ICANN-EU] Re: [icann-candidates] Don't waste your endorsement vote

* Marc Schneiders wrote:
>Donnerhacke ended up as the second member nominee on the ballot. For my
>reasons, please, review the exchange of messages between him and me on the
>icann-fitug-de list some 10 or 11 days ago. In short: his ideas about
>domains are too far away from reality to make him useful on the ICANN
>board. There are other matters, which I rather leave unmentioned, as this
>is not about blackening candidates.

I'm conservative for good reasons. Something to think about: Will shop.de
withdrawn due to the creation of the TLD shop?

You might read my position as: 'No new TLDs.' This is the correct short
answer. The longer one is: 'Show me how a new TLD solves a problem over a
long period of time without creating new ones, and I will not resist.'
AFAIK not regulation will succeed under economic pressure. So why breaking
the current system more than necessary?

An other correct not so short answer is: 'I can't see a realistic problem
which can be solved by new TLDs in a regulated and widely accepted manner.'