Re: [ICANN-EU] Re: [icann-candidates] Don't waste your endorsement vote

Lutz,

>I'm conservative for good reasons. Something to think about: Will shop.de
>withdrawn due to the creation of the TLD shop?

Why should it?
I don't understand.

>You might read my position as: 'No new TLDs.' This is the correct short
>answer. The longer one is: 'Show me how a new TLD solves a problem over a
>long period of time without creating new ones, and I will not resist.'

You may be right, new TLDs will not dramatically "solve problems", but they
may improve things.
Right now, the "open" TLDs are all in the capable hands of a unique company.
The introduction of (a limited number of) new TLDs will provide
alternatives. We may have different business models, different level of
protection of trademarks, different dispute resolution mechanism, and so on.
Why should this not be worthed trying? Innovation has been the keyword for
Internet. Of course, it is normal for the innovators of yesterday to become
conservative today. But other innovators will follow ;>)

Regards
Roberto